We’re looking for an experienced, energetic and organised person to come and join our busy development team.
You will work with Account Managers, Designers, freelance Developers and directly with clients. You will be a key part of the team, having input on projects at every stage of production. This is a new full time role, and as such you have the opportunity to really make your mark and grow with us.
Your focus will be on the technical implementation of web and digital development, creating high quality, structured, reusable and annotated code.
You will be proficient using third party open source packages and relevant code libraries. You will be used to working to deadlines and managing your workload effectively.
Knowledge, skills and attributes required:
You must have experience of building WordPress themes from scratch. Please do not apply if you only have experience of customising existing WordPress themes.
- Experience of writing WordPress themes and plugins
- The ability to write PHP to a high standard
- Experience using code version control systems (GIT)
- Experience developing with open source PHP CMS. (WordPress, Drupal and/or Magento)
- Experience building responsive websites and applications
The following is a major advantage:
- Experience building interactive applications, WPAs, including AJAX and websockets
- Solid understanding of web servers and experience in managing DNS efficiently
- Experience of integrating with web services and APIs, including REST endpoints
FROM TIME TO TIME YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO UNDERTAKE REASONABLE DUTIES WHICH ARE OUTSIDE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION.
Perks & Benefits
- 20 days holiday plus Christmas week
- Bristol Media membership
- Private medical insurance
- International travel
- Contributory pension
- Flexible hours by arrangement